This post has expired! It was posted more than 60 days ago.
We are searching for a polished and experienced candidate to join our growing law practice.
The selected candidate must have a minimum of 2 years of residential Real Estate experience, as they will be reporting to the Real Estate Lawyer. The role will provide and coordinate administrative support for staff within the Real Estate Law section . The successful candidate must be able to communicate professionally with all levels of staff and clientele and possess a strong work ethic.
Primary Duties Include:
- Managing residential Real Estate files from beginning to end of transaction;
- Preparation and drafting of correspondence and legal documents (E-reg transfers, mortgage and application documents and initial drafts of reporting letters);
- Ordering and reviewing searches of titles and summarizing off title due diligence searches and titles searches;
- Preparing letters of requisition and responses to letters of requisition;
- Preparing final reports;
- Entering dockets and preparing accounts;
- Calendar and schedule management;
- Meeting strict deadlines and problem solving with minimal supervision;
- Other general duties as required
Required Experience/Skills Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years of residential Real Estate Law experience;
- Community College Law Clerk Diploma or Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario Certificate;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the tact to communicate in a professional manner with clients and lawyers;
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while paying attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills
- Confident and dependable, with strong initiative and ability to work both independently and in a team oriented atmosphere
- Strong technical skills (including Microsoft Office, Teraview and Conveyancer)
- Ability to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision and take initiative
Please submit your Resume and Salary Expectations, if you possess the following: