|Try Anywhere.ca - A Public Photo Gallery Hosting Images Of Canada!|
Reporting to the Head of After Market Business in Canada, the AMB training and development specialist (T&D Specialist) will be responsible for the development and delivery of training and professional development curriculum for Voith Hydro Canada’s workforce, and to Voith’s clients’ workforce and Voith Hydro Canada work’s force.
The T&D Specialist is responsible to equip staff and clients with the knowledge, practical skills and motivation to carry out work-related tasks. The T&D Specialist will either deliver the training directly, or arrange for a third party trainer to do so.
The T&D Specialist will deliver training to Voith’s clients related to the operation and maintenance of the equipment delivered of maintained by Voith.
This position will be based either in or office of Mississauga, ON or Brossard, QC.
- Typical work activities
- identifying technical training and development needs within Voith Hydro Canada through job analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with business managers and the human resources department;
- designing and developing technical training and development programmes based on both the organisation's and the client's needs;
- helping identifying new technical training business opportunities based on the discussions and feedback from the clients;
- considering the costs of planned programmes and keeping within budgets (assessing the return on investment of any training or development programme at the proposal phase);
- managing the delivery of training and development programmes and, devising a training strategy for the organisation;
- working in a team to produce programmes that are satisfactory to all relevant parties in the organisation;
- identifying, and soliciting input from, the relevant subject matter experts including the potential delivery of the training program developed;
- producing training materials for courses delivered to clients (engineers technicians, and operators);
- monitoring and reviewing the progress of trainees through questionnaires and discussions with managers;
- evaluating training and development programmes need amending and revising programmes as necessary;
- keeping up to date with developments in training by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending relevant courses;
- representing Voith in Universities seminars;
- contributing to the development of other trainings such as induction programmes for new employees (field and office) or other internal training.
- Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates for the T&D Specialist position should, ideally, possess a technical background combined with University degree or experience in Training.
- Ten to fifteen years of experience in developing and delivering technical training sessions, at multiple levels of their organisation as well as to third party client organisations. Experience in the field of hydroelectric turbine and generator, design, installation, and/or maintenance is an asset;
- Fluency in French is a major asset;
- knowledge of media production, and the ability to design curricula;
- ability to travel across Canada (70% of time) Travel is likely in order to deliver training sessions, either locally or further afield, and may include absence from home overnight. You may also need to travel to multiple sites;
- proficient in Microsoft Office, possess strong customer service skills, and have the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- excellent written and spoken communication skills ;
- initiative and the ability to offer new ideas, business sense to identify development opportunities;
- good time-keeping skills to effectively manage training schedules;
- organisational and planning skills to manage time and to meet deadlines and objectives.
If this position interests you, please forward you resume to the Human Resources Department, at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. We also invite you to visit our Web site at http://www.voith.com.