|Try Anywhere.ca - A Public Photo Gallery Hosting Images Of Canada!|
The receptionist is responsible for appointment scheduling, answering phones, greeting patients and being the front line person whether greeting patients at the front desk or by telephone communication.
Division of Duties:
Duties are assigned to specific reception staff but all should be familiar with the procedures and protocols as outlined in the Reception Manual.
- Answer and forward phone calls.
- Schedule and confirm patient appointments, receive and communicate messages for medical staff and patients.
- Register patients on arrival.
- Interview patients to obtain information required for medical services.
- Review payment records, identify outstanding charges, collect monies owing, and prepare invoices and receipts.
- Complete insurance and other claim forms.
- Sell medication as per the patients treatment plan
- Maintain stock of medication and daily counts
- Ensure the timely flow of patients through the clinic and respond to patients complaints and concerns in a tactful and courteous manner
- Respond to and track new patients referrals
Administration of patient charts:
- Initiate and maintain confidential medical charts and records, including electronic medical records (EMR).
- Familiarity with all aspect of the OSCAR patient management system.
- Ensure Doctors charts are up to date and ready for the patients time of review
- Follow up on test results not yet received by calling the appropriate labs to have reports faxed.
- Respond to requests for records, copy and send requests for release of information to the appropriate hospital or physician office.
- Follow appropriate policies and protocols with respect to confidentiality and release of records.
- Sort, file and scan reports into patient charts.
- Prepare and/or retrieve files for upcoming clinic visits.
- OHIP billing experience necessary
- Provide assistance as necessary with the preparation of the physicians schedule.
- Photocopy documents for distribution, mailing and filing.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Send and receive messages and documents using fax machine and electronic
Other duties as required.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous work experience as an OB/GYN receptionist required.
- Excellent organizational skills essential.
- Proficient in Word and ability to learn new software.
- Demonstrated initiative, accuracy and the ability to work independently.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills.