Full Time Supervisor (RECE) Needed in Brampton!
Posted date [Mar-15-13] (ID: 25252)
We are looking for a full time Supervisor (RECE) to join our team.
Working collaboratively with the Assistant Director, the Centre Supervisor will be responsible for the development of children, the daily operation of the Centre, and the management of program staff.
1. Best Practices, Classroom Programming, and Child Progress:
a) Implement quality measures (eg. Raising the Bar in Peel) and new educational developments in the field of early childhood learning
b) Review weekly program plans and their execution
c) Monitor the development of children at the Centre, and respond to developmental concerns
d) Support staff with child behaviour management strategies when necessary
e) Review semi-annual child progress reports
2. Daily Management of the Centre:
a) Respond to parent inquiries
b) Provide parent tours and admission follow-up/registration
c) Ensure the Centre is appropriately staffed
3. Administrative Responsibilities:
a) Monitor the implementation of Centre policies; annually review the effectiveness of policies; create new policies as required
b) Ensure that all required documentation is on-site and regularly updated (e.g. child immunization records, staff credentials, etc.)
c) Review critical incident reports, identify trends, and implement preventative strategies
d) Ensure successful provincial licensing & municipal site inspections (eg. Peel Health, Peel Children’s Services)
e) Collect & record receipt of child care fees; complete subsidy attendance reports
f) Attend meetings with external support agencies (e.g. Erin Oaks, Region of Peel). Occasionally meetings may be after hours.
g) Publish newsletters and monthly program calendars
4. Staff Management:
a) Schedule staffing on a weekly basis
b) Plan and lead staff meetings
c) Support the professional development of staff members
d) Conduct staff performance reviews
e) Interview and recruit new staff members
1. Co-teach an age group (toddler, preschool, kindergarten, or school-age) for a portion of the day, should there be an opportunity to do so on a regular basis
2. Provide coverage for staff on occasion
3. Other duties/responsibilities as arise
1.E CE and registration in good standing with the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators
2. Minimum 2 years of teaching experience (with toddlers, preschoolers and school agers), and 2 years of supervisory experience in Ontario or formal study of the Ontario Day Nurseries Act
3. Ability to develop creative solutions to changing circumstances
4. Supervisory experience in commercial and non-profit setting is an asset
Monday to Friday; The supervisor must be available to work on rotating 8 hours shifts during the Centre’s hours of operation (7 am – 6 pm). Due to the supervisory nature of this position, the successful candidate may occasionally be required to work longer shifts or after hours.
Neg otiable based on qualificatins and experience
To apply for this position please visit: www.childcareadvantage.ca and register as a Jobseeker - FREE REGISTRATION and lots of jobs to choose from!