BeneFACT offers the MOST COMPREHENSIVE, highest quality, end-to-end SR&ED claim preparation services in the industry including:
- Free initial consultation to assess all your eligible projects and expenditures
- Extensive technical interviews with your staff
- Preparation of detailed scientific reports
- Financial analysis of all eligible costs to maximize your claim
- Preparation of all necessary tax forms for both federal and provincial submissions
- Correspondence and reporting to your accountant
- Representation of your interests with the CRA and tracking of the status of your claim
- Comprehensive defence of your claim in case of technical and/or financial audits
- Assistance in gathering documentation and setting up processes for claim verification
- Post-claim guidance and advice on structuring your future R&D activities to ensure maximum year over year benefits from the SR&ED program
- Free SR&ED expenditure tracking tools for future claims
BeneFACT's team of experts are broadly respected for their expertise, reputation and long-history in assisting clients maximize their SR&ED tax credits....
BeneFACT Consulting Group is Canada's largest independent Scientific Research & Experimental Development (SR&ED) consulting firm. BeneFACT utilizes market-leading financial and technical expertise to ensure that companies maximize their SR&ED tax credits. With deep experience in General Manufacturing, Information Technology, Food & Beverage, Chemicals and Oil & Gas, Life Sciences & Biotechnologyand other fields, BeneFACT is uniquely positioned to provide risk-free service to businesses seeking SR&ED tax credits.
BeneFACT Consulting Group is actively searching for a Director – Finance & Legal to join our senior management team. Reporting directly to the CEO, this is a tactical role managing a team of 5 in the accounting, finance and legal. This is an integral role that requires a tenured business leader who has a passion for growing the team and the business.
- Direct all aspects of legal department with staff of 2 including regular status meetings, attending settlement conferences, escalation review, reviewing and approving action items, etc.
- Direct all aspects accounting and finance with staff of 3 including general accounting payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable and financial reporting
- Drafting legal documents including but not limited to engagement contracts, demand letters, affidavits of documents and pleadings
- Approvals of all amendments and review of special contractual cases
- Dealing with client related agreements, NDA’s and all other legal documents
- You will work collaboratively with internal clients by providing and maintaining contract services from initiation/engagement through approval and providing contract drafting and reviewing services
- Dealing with opposing lawyers, clients, sales department, accounting, and human resources on any legal related matters
- Develop approach strategy, initiate discussions and maintain relationships with potential mergers and acquisition targets
- Lead assessment process including analysis, reviewing offering materials, valuation modeling, performing of due diligence, contract negotiation, legal review and integration assessments
- Establish, implement, monitor and enforce proper controls within legal process
- Make recommendations to CEO on process improvement, cash flow planning, tax strategies and all legal matters
- 5+ years of hands-on leadership experience working at a mid-sized firm experiencing rapid growth, ideally in a Professional Services or Consulting
- Preference will be given to Lawyers called to the Ontario Bar or those with a Canadian CA designation
- Extensive management experience required including managing multi-disciplinary teams, change management and people development
- Experience focusing on bankruptcy and insolvency, recovery and collections is required
- Good working knowledge of debt recovery procedures including enforcement, General Security Agreement (GSA) under PPSA and all matters relating to insolvency
- Experience with high volume of contracts and litigation
- High degree of professionalism with outstanding ability to work effectively and efficiently with internal and external clients at all levels of management
- Experience with docketing and time tracking procedures
- Extreme attention to detail with excellent proofreading/editing skills
- Exceptional verbal and written and communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi task and drive projects forward
- Excellent time management, analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly proficient with various software packages, ideally Time Matters, Quickbooks, Ceridian and MS Office
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills are required
BeneFACT offers a highly competitive salary and compensation package. Compensation is directly commensurate with experience, qualifications and performance.