|Try Anywhere.ca - A Public Photo Gallery Hosting Images Of Canada!|
Modern Technical Staffing provides Canada's leading engineering, architectural, manufacturing and construction industry with highly skilled contract and permanent staff.
Our client, a leader in the development of automation equipment primarily for the automotive industry, is currently searching for an experienced Senior Electrical Designer to join them on a permanent basis.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Design Automated PLC control systems incorporating equipment (such as Allen Bradley, Siemens and Omron)
- Provide design documentation including:
- Component specifications and approval based on customer requirements.
- Safety Architecture and plan layouts for safety audit purposes.
- Safety calculations for light curtain areas as well as safety network response times.
- Load calculations on power distribution panels, control power supplies as well as resistance and mig weld systems.
- Provide Bill of Materials based on system design and assist with respect to design changes.
- Coordinate with other disciplines to streamline delivery and coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints.
- Develop efficient means and standards to ensure budgets and schedules are met.
- Validate system safeties function as designed.
- Ability to work overtime and travel outside of Canada.
- Engineering Degree or Engineering Technologist/Technician (BSc. P. Eng. or CET.)
- Minimum 5+ years of related working experience.
- Good understanding of other project disciplines (i.e. Fluid Power, Mechanical Design).
- Working knowledge of PLC architecture including discrete and remote I/O.
- Working knowledge of communication networks (Devicenet, Ethernet IP, RIO, Profibus).
- Working knowledge of Autocad software with Acad Electrical preferred.
- Ability to perform load calculations for resistance welding, Mig welding and assembly production lines.
- Direct experience with control reliable circuits and Safety PLC Systems and knowledge of the applicable safety standards with respect to automated equipment.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, disciplined approach to work.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent judgment and strong problem-solving skills
- High energy and the flexibility to perform under short time constraints to meet deadlines.
Please send all qualified resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please call 905-477-3315 Ext. 303.