|Try Anywhere.ca - A Public Photo Gallery Hosting Images Of Canada!|
Dynamic and professional Full-time receptionist needed with previous experience working in a multi-disciplinary medical clinic and experience with EMR.
Flexible hours required. Due to the nature of the position additional hours may be required.
The Receptionist is part of a team which enables the organization to meets its goals in the provision of high-quality, patient centred care.
- Greet patients upon arrival, register, confirm all relevant details (i.e. health card number, address, etc.) and prepare their chart for consultation
- Answer telephone calls, refer urgent calls to the appropriate team member
- Screen, prioritize and process referrals and patient requests for appointments with members of the Inter professional team
- Manage patient flow to optimize efficiency of the Inter professional team members’ time
- Provide information over the phone to patients as appropriate and take message to pass on to the Inter professional team members
- Book appointment for follow-up as per protocol or as directed by the office manager
- Input client information and service plan information to the client health record as requested
- Interact with hospitals, laboratories and external medical institutions on behalf of patients and team members (i.e. book referral appointments, obtain lab reports etc.)
- Prepare day lists and patient encounter forms for the next day’s clinic
- Process daily transactions and complete daily accounting reports
- Provide general clinical administration support, including word processing, distributing mail, etc.
- Other duties assigned by the office manager
- Successful completion of a Medical Secretary or Business Administration Diploma from a recognized program or equivalent education program preferred
- Must have minimum 1 year of recent receptionist experience working in a clinic/health environment
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- High level of proficiency in using computerized patient booking systems
- Demonstrated achievement of good working relationships with colleagues, professional staff, residents and the Inter professional team
- Ability to make administrative decisions within professional domain
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal and customer services skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills