|Try Anywhere.ca - A Public Photo Gallery Hosting Images Of Canada!|
This post has expired! It was posted more than 60 days ago.
Fashion Seriesis a monthly electronic publication entirely dedicated to discovering, showcasing and promoting emerging and established fashion industry professionals in the city of Toronto.
We are currently looking for new INTERN EDITOR to aid in the day-to-day operation of Fashion Series’ editorial department with a special focus on fashion, events and photo shoots.
- Working with the Editor-in-Chief to set the tone, direction and strategy of article content
- Assign, write, and/or edit material as necessary for the magazine.
- Working with other editors (Copy, Online and Graphics) to ensure content is supplemented with attention to detail for final publishing.
- Working within a short time frame and established deadlines to ensure submitted articles are screened, assessed and reviewed in a timely and constructive fashion, according to Fashion Series’ Editorial Policy and Style Guidelines.
- Editing and making recommendations on articles; some of which may be returned to writers for revisions.
- Verify facts, dates and statistics where necessary.
- Maintain a high understanding and familiarity with key players in the city's arts, fashion and business sectors. This will require occasionally attending and representing Fashion Series at industry events including fashion week, photo shoots, trade shows, designer launch parties, etc.
- Education: journalism degree or a relevant writing/editing college or university-based program highly preferred. While formal writing training and/or professional writing experience are not required, it is highly desirable.
- Experience: 1 to 2 years' experience in magazine environment, with a background in solid fact, checking, grammar, copyediting, and proofreading skills as well as a strong interest in and familiarity with Toronto and its fashion industry.
- Knowledge: familiarity with InDesign publishing program and social media platforms.
- Must be able to commit toanunpaid internship for a minimum of four months.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to handle many tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work efficiently within a short time frame to meet deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently from home and on location.
- Be hard working, proactive and organized.
- Be a team player with strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
- Able to guide and encourage writers in their work, using good judgment
- Have strong attention to detail and follow directions.
- Must have a clear and definitive tone and voice as well as a fluent writing/editing style.
- A good sense of language and grammar and excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to travel within the Greater Toronto Area for meetings, events and photo shoots
- Must have reliable daily Internet access and be familiar with standard email technology and social media platforms.
Please email your resume, cover letter, two relevant work samples and 2 references.
We thank all that apply but only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.