STEP BY STEP Day Support Services Ltd.
Life Skills Day Program for People with a Developmental Disability
Full-time Teacher/Support Worker – Richmond Hill
STEP BY STEP, a day program, offering life skills to young adults aged 21 years and over with a developmental disability. Program operates Monday – Friday, 8:30 – 3:00.
- Support program participants through direction and coaching in four life skill areas; Personal Development; Occupational; Health/Physical Education; Creative Arts/Drama
- On a weekly basis, provide the Director with a daily schedule for volunteer work placements, outings, in program activities which support continued learning and growth
- Provide participants with individual academic support based on their learning abilities
- Support participation and inclusion in community-based activities
- Duties as required by the Director to meet program objective: to mentor people with an intellectual disability to live more independently within their environment and community
- Must have experience working with individuals with autism
- Experienced at scheduling and developing programs
- Completion of education in a related field
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to assess situations for positive outcomes
- Ability to be flexible on a day-to-day basis
- Strong effective worker in a team environment
- Exemplary record of punctuality and reliable attendance
- Current police check & first aid certificate
Please send a short letter of introduction on why you would like this position along with your resume to Attention: Human Resources
I would like to thank all applicants, but will only contact those who best meet the requisite skills and experience.