|Try Anywhere.ca - A Public Photo Gallery Hosting Images Of Canada!|
This post has expired! It was posted more than 60 days ago.
The Hammer Band - From Violence to Violins
About The Hammer Band
Founded in 2006, The Hammer Band is a non-profit organization that offers school kids in priority areas of Toronto the unique chance to learn life skills through free music classes and violins. Under the direction of world-renowned violinist Moshe Hammer, with the teaching expertise of professional musicians, the program now reaches 350 students in 18 primary and middle schools.
Position: Executive Assistant
Reporting to the Director and members of the Board, the Executive Assistant will be in charge for a range of duties that will enable The Hammer Band to continue to grow and fulfill its mission. Responsibilities include:
· Provide administrative support to the Director and Teachers as needed;
· Maintain and develop relationships with media, schools teachers and parents;
· Organize, manage, and archive computer-based files;
· Manage Giftworks database
· Help prepare documentation for proposal writing;
· Coordinate the planning of quarterly Board Meetings; Write minutes;
· Assist with the planning, scheduling and coordination of school activities;
· Coordinate the delivery of instruments to schools twice a year;
· In charge of writing on line newsletters three times a year;
· Maintain website content, FaceBook and twitter accounts;
· Managing Director’s Agenda
· Write and disseminate correspondence and other external communications.
· College graduate
· 3+ years of administrative experience supporting a director;
· Experience with non-profits, schools and the arts considered an asset;
· Understanding of the job, and proven ability to apply knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks;
· Strong writing skills to create detailed correspondence;
· Experience with Microsoft Office, database and social media management and, website maintenance. Bookkeeping and graphic-design are an asset.
· Ability to meet deadlines and coordinate multiple tasks;
· Proactive, punctual, resourceful, creative, and committed to the mission of The Hammer Band;
· Experience working independently and as a team member;
· Resourceful in setting priorities and achieving goals.
· Superior time management skills
Hours and Salary: 16-18 hours per week; Expectations?;
This position requires a productive and well organized individual capable of working from home/remote office who has previous experience managing the flexibility of setting their own schedule (e.g., weekends, evenings), and meeting datelines.
If you feel you have the experience, skills and personal qualities required of this position, please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about The Hammer Band, please visit our website at: http://www.thehammerband.com/
or visit us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Hammer-Band-From-Vio lence-to-Violins/117268905010623