Appointment: 35-40 hours/week for 5 months
Under the direction of the Multimedia and Classroom Technology Coordinator, the Classroom & Audio Visual Specialist is responsible for: supporting the hardware and software installation and maintenance for the teaching Stations and Teaching Station Juniors, set-up and operation of a broad range of technical equipment in classrooms and for special events, set-up and operation of various projection systems, computer system operation for classrooms, videotaping and editing of course related activities and special events, preventive maintenance and servicing of moderately complex classroom equipment, operation of videoconferencing facilities and associated customer relations.
· Preform first and second level classroom and special events supportincluding maintenance, delivery, set-up and operation of technical equipment in classrooms and for special events.
- Provide first and second level support for classroom technology equipment; troubleshoots equipment malfunctions before or during scheduled classes.
- Provide technical support to faculty over the phone, in-person or via e-mail.
- Prioritize calls based on their importance and responds to them accordingly
- Instruct faculty, staff and students in the operation of simple to moderately complex equipment
- Calibrate fixed classroom equipment such as controllers, audio systems, and various input devices. Analyze and resolves computing issues in classrooms referring more complex issues to the helpdesk technicians and/or desktop administrator
- Log issues in the IITS Help Desk ticket database.
- Check for proper operation of equipment in electronic classrooms and meeting rooms, including touch screen controllers, computers, projector, laser disc player, VCR, and document camera.
- Deliver, set-up and operate other classroom technology equipment as required.
- Ongoing provision of classroom supplies such as acetate rolls and portable microphone batteries.
- Responds to, analyzes, troubleshoots and resolves problems with networking, desktop, and peripheral equipment
· Co-ordinates service delivery by entering reported service requests, problems and solutions into UTSC ticketing system.
Special Events Support-20%
· Deliver and set-up portable equipment and media, such as: portable electronic podiums equipped with computer, data/video projectors/panels; monitors; document cameras; compact disk players; audio tape players; laser disc players; audio amplifiers, mixers, microphones and speakers; and video cassette recorders.
· Provides technical support during special events, faculty searches, meetings, town halls etc. Troubleshoots a wide variety of IT and AV equipment deployed for special events.
Videoconferencing support/Video and audio recording – 10%
· Provide technical support for in-room and portable videoconferencing.
· Deliver and set up portable videoconferencing unit
· Troubleshoot and resolves videoconferencing issues.
· Reports more complex issues to other IT staff.
· Videotape lectures, special events and presentations, coordinating with other IITS staff as required.
Other Duties – 10%
· Due to the evolving nature of information technology, additional duties & responsibilities may be assigned as required.
· Other duties related to University business as assigned.
· Two (2) year college diploma in Audio-Visual services or other media arts field, and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. CTS certification is a definite asset.
· Three (3) years’ experience with audio-visual, electronic classroom, computers, projection and video equipment. A good knowledge of industry-standard videoconferencing and web streaming product lines. Demonstrated experience in training faculty or professional clients in equipment use preferred. Experience in standard operating software and application packages (Mac OS, Windows OS, Microsoft Office).
Please submit Résumé and Cover Letter by email to: IITSjob@utsc.utoronto.ca