Director, Mortgage Enforcement
Evolve the mortgage enforcement service offering and identify and service the client base. Enforce the defaulted mortgage debt while controlling risk, cost and exposure. Develop the best possible collection and operational processes to support the mortgage enforcement product/service and build and manage the team.
· Recommend appropriate resolutions on mortgage loans including negotiating settlements, short sales, repayment plans and redemptions.
· Coordinate revised loan terms/structure with loan underwriters.
· Develop processes and management methods to aggressively monitor loans in bankruptcy, foreclosures & real estate owned to ensure timely progression and minimize losses to bank.
· Understand and ensure compliance with governmental, investor and mortgage insurer guidelines.
· Supervision and Management of external vendors (property managers, law firms, real estate agents, collection agencies).
· Champion solution enhancements, working with key stakeholders both internal and external.
· Supervision and development of Mortgage Enforcement department staff.
· Interact with other departments and clients to enhance the understanding of borrower’s specific issues.
Desired Skills & Experience
· Strong leadership abilities and an effective change management agent
· Proven client management experience
· Analytical skills with financial statements, tax returns, credit reports, BPO’s and Appraisals/Evaluations.
· Understanding of mortgage documentation, sales negotiation/contracts, and property valuation.
· Ability to work effectively with a diverse population.
· Ability to work in a high paced, fast growing environment.
· Ability to work independently and make key decisions
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in mortgage enforcement/underwriting or collections preferably at a bank or other financial institution
· Organizational agility and good business acumen.
We offer a competitive compensation & employee benefits plan as well as an RRSP program.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply online at our website: http://www.fct.ca/contact/join-our-team/