This post has expired! It was posted more than 60 days ago.
The MBTW Group / Watchorn Architect is a Toronto-based firm recognized as a leader within the Urban Design, Landscape Architecture, Architecture, Design Guidance, Golf and Leisure Design industry. Distinguished in our ability to provide viable, memorable and marketable design solutions, our clients throughout Canada and internationally include municipalities, institutions and those in the development industry.
Since 1975, the firm has successfully assembled a diverse portfolio of institutional projects including post secondary, campus, cultural and healthcare facilities. In the realm of urban design, we are experts in visioning, designing and implementing innovative new communities. Landscape architecture at The MBTW Group is about the understanding and creation of highly animated and successful open spaces. Our passion for excellence is consistent when applied to street systems, city blocks, waterfronts, parks, urban plazas and natural systems.
Job Description - Senior Urban Designer / Planner
- Registered Professional Planner; or
- Registered Landscape Architect; or
- Degree(s) in Planning, Architecture, Urban Design, Landscape Architecture.
(Professional standing is preferred but if the candidate is not a registered professional, he/she should possess the required educational qualifications and the personal motivation to successfully be registered in their professions)
Candidates shall have a minimum of 5 years of professional experience demonstrating a positive progression of responsibilities in planning and urban design.
We also welcome candidates with a senior portfolio developed over 10 years and are prepared to customize a role that suits this scenario.
The Candidate is expected to be able to:
- Manage / co-ordinate urban design and planning projects
- Manage / co-ordinate the work of others as needed
- Provide design input into the work of the urban design group
- Take carriage of select planning projects
- Take a lead role in preparing / co-ordinating proposals
- Read, understand, and appropriately summarize planning and urban design documents
- Prepare the content of planning and urban design documents
The Candidate must possess skills in the following areas:
- Microsoft Office
- AutoCAD (moderate skills)
- Creative Suite (better than moderate)
- 3D modeling software (better than moderate)
- Works effectively with social networking software
- Direct and co-ordinate the work of others
- Prepare and implement work plans
- Develop and enforce project schedules
- Must have knowledge of the Ontario Planning process
- Must have knowledge of the regulatory framework
- Must be comfortable writing planning documents (with direction as needed)
- Must have knowledge of current best practices in urban design
- Must have a working understanding of the roles of built form and landscape design
- Must be familiar with interpreting and writing urban design guidelines
- Must have documented experience as a practicing urban designer
Required Personal Attributes:
- Must be effective working with both public and private sector clients
- Self directing
- Accommodating to a flexible work schedule
- Good presentation skills
- Long term leadership potential
If you meet the above qualifications, please forward your cover letter and resume to Larry Gould, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.