|Try Anywhere.ca - A Public Photo Gallery Hosting Images Of Canada!|
This post has expired! It was posted more than 60 days ago.
Overview of Position:
Responsible for the direct purchase of materials and services required to support the ongoing operational, manufacturing and administrative functions of St Joseph Print.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Address and follow-up on all inquiries from both internal customers and outside vendors
- Review and approve all dockets / requisitions to ensure the buying of the most cost effective product prior to ordering
- Purchase all requirements for paper, services and consumables as required
- Support company operations with an uninterrupted flow of materials and services
- Maintain positive, continuing relationships with new and existing vendors
- Support other departments of the company by supplying them with all the necessary information as it pertains to each individual job
- Complete month end reports
- Seek opportunities to improve current methods and efficiencies on an ongoing basis
- Maintain low inventory levels at all times
- Maintain accurate purchasing data, including historical records of all purchases, that can be accessed by all departmental personnel
- Review and authorize all vouchers for payment processing
- Track and document all additional costs
- Process claims related to defective or late deliveries that impede production
- Ensure that his/her workstation is kept safe, neat and clean at all times.
- Use or wear any equipment, protective devices or clothing required by the company;
- Report any defect in any equipment or protective device e.g. PPE, machine guarding which may be hazardous to either themselves or another worker
- Refrain from removing or disabling any protective device
- Report any injury, illness or hazardous condition/act immediately to their supervisor or manager.
- Participate in all required health and safety training
- Works within and adheres to all St. Joseph Health and Safety Operating Standards, including Operating Standard HS-010 Associate/Supplied Labour/Temporary Associate Responsibilities.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abiding by and in accordance with all applicable Health, Safety and Environmental company policies and government legislation/regulations.
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality System operating procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management
Qualifications, Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum two to three years’ purchasing experience, preferably within the printing industry
- Enrolment in Purchasing Management Association of Canada (PMAC) is an asset
- Good knowledge of overall printing industry and terminology
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Detail oriented and attention for accuracy
Please submit your résumé in confidence to email@example.com.
Please quote “Purchasing Agent” in the subject line of your e-mail.
St. Joseph Print is an equal opportunity employer.