|Try Anywhere.ca - A Public Photo Gallery Hosting Images Of Canada!|
Modern Technical Staffing provides Canada's leading engineering, architectural, manufacturing and construction industry with highly skilled contract and permanent staff.
Our client, a leader in power generation systems and solutions in the Mississauga region, is currently looking for an Electrical Engineering Support Specialist to join them on a permanent full-time basis.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to manufacturing department through build-up projects, modifications, and trouble shooting.
- Provide support, technical assistance and specification review to sales staff through project estimation stage, as well as technical presentations for consulting engineering firms.
- Assist project manager in preparation of 'Issued for Build/Construction/Manufacturing" documents/drawings.
- Review/prepare single line diagrams, working electrical drawings, as-built electrical drawings, returned submittal drawings, and electromechanical equipment shop drawings package ensuring compliance with codes, regulations, standards, changed items and specifications.
- Review, design, and selection of electrical hardware and materials, controllers, servo systems (digital or analogue), AC/DC drives, Input / Output panels and subsystem layouts and wiring diagrams.
- Create and review fabrication drawings, plans and specifications, production orders, and Bills of Material to determine electrical material requirements for purchasing and manufacturing.
- Engineer new technologies and modifications into existing equipment configurations.
- Work with suppliers, project coordinators, and project manager as required facilitating the shop drawings review, handling and expediting delivery of materials.
- Technical analysis, calculations, and review of project requirements/specifications after sourcing, ensuring equipment and materials quoted are correct and meet the codes.
- Preparation of technical review results, correspondence, and drawing submittals check list.
- Perform quality control review of the built products to ensure they meet specification and code.
- Team up with Mechanical technologist(s) on electromechanical configurations, designs, and equipment and materials selections and approvals.
- Create construction standards for some equipment configurations and electrical materials.
- Other tasks and responsibilities required.
- Electrical Engineering degree will be preferred
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience in Electrical installations and equipment, power, lighting, control systems, industrial network and electrical generation.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, and database.
- Experienced with PLC networks, industrial networking, controls, distribution panels, breakers, and switches
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Canadian codes, national standards, and regulations (particularly with CSA standards)
- Familiarity with electromechanical equipment (generators), and hydraulic and pneumatic machinery is an asset.
This is a permanent role that will pay a competitive salary based on experience level.
Please send all qualified resumes to email@example.com. For more information, please call 905-477-3315 Ext. 303.