|Try Anywhere.ca - A Public Photo Gallery Hosting Images Of Canada!|
Modern Technical Staffing provides Canada's leading engineering, architectural, manufacturing and construction industry with highly skilled contract and permanent staff.
Our Client, a leader in technical and aesthetic design of custom product manufacturing for water and visual displays, is currently looking for an Electrical Applications Engineer / Technologist to join them on a permanent full-time basis.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall sales and product development support for components and systems to customers’ requirements, and respond to requests for information and pricing
- Quoting and estimating of control panels and other electrical and electronic devices
- Select appropriate controls technologies and design of custom control panels
- To provide onsite support services as required. Ability to frequently travel globally is a must. Typically within North America occasionally world wide
- To provide technical phone support to clients in relation to products and requests for troubleshooting focused on electrical and controls
- Quality inspection and testing of electrical and electronic devices prior to shipping
- Programming of control panels; both in house and in the field
- Determination of warranty issues, ensuring proper warranty policies are followed
- Participate in and maintain a Documented engineering Method
- Produce Electrical Process Flow Diagrams and Budgetary figures for water features as required
- Control technical direction and scheduling of services and information between internal departments
- Electrical Engineering / Technologist Graduate and or licensed Controls Electrician
- 3 – 5 years of relevant industry, on site and design experience (Automation Systems and or theatrical type electronic controls)
- Comprehensive working knowledge of NEC and other applicable codes
- Experience with UL, CSA, and IEC compliance would be an asset
- Exposure to a variety of PLC platforms (Horner, GE Fanuc, Allen Bradely, Omron, etc.)
- Experience with a variety of controls technologies and equipment.
- Proven ability to program PLC (Horner) and DMX device is an asset.
- Strong AutoCAD skills.
- Exposure to three phase power in a variety of voltages and configurations (Y, Delta, etc.)
- Ability and desire to work hands on with prototyping and testing of new products.
- Knowledge of Bills of Material.
- Ability to source controls products from a variety of industries.
- Some Mechanical and Hydraulic design engineering experience is an asset
This is a permanent role that will pay a competitive salary based on experience level.
Please send all qualified resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please call 905-477-3315 Ext. 303.