This post has expired! It was posted more than 60 days ago.
St-Joseph Content, a division of St. Joseph Communications, is one the largest multichannel content provider in North America. Pi Media, a division of St. Joseph Content, creates effective, creative content for clients who are interested in single or multichannel advertising. This includes retail flyers, catalogues, web content, and in-store POS, including digital signage.
The French Translator, Proofreader is dedicated to a key retail flyer program and is responsible for translating materials developed in the English language into the French-Canadian language while still maintaining the integrity of the brand and client standards and retail translation guidelines.
- Tra nslation of various publications including catalogues, flyers, following established copy standards and guidelines, using Quark Express, Microsoft Word, InDesign, Excel, and other software.
- Revision of other Translators and Freelancers’ translations to ensure that high quality standards were maintained and that conformity to consumer and language laws effective in the Province of Québec were met.
- Perform terminology and product info research and maintain database.
- Partner with creative team to ensure marketing-specific translation graphically aligns with the creative vision of the document.
- Follow and help establish standards pertaining to sentence structure, grammar, punctuation, contextual terminology, and formatting to fit the overall style and image of the brand
- Ensure that all content adheres to the style guidelines, supplied by the client
- Compare images to related copy blocks on the printed page to ensure that they are consistent and correspond to one another.
- Review and compare all final PDF files from the Imaging department to the final QC’s supplied by the Finishing Operator(s) to ensure that they correspond and all images are included.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Post secondary degree or diploma in French Translation or equivalent experience
- Must be fluent in French and English both written and verbal communication
- Ability to proficiently proofread and translate English language into French-Canadian language and maintain simultaneous cultural context
- Must have knowledge of retail translation standards
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a similar capacity (preferably retail oriented proofreading)
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be extremely detail oriented, accurate, and efficient
- Possess excellent written, verbal communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task
If you are a Canadian Citizen and live in the GTA please forward your resume to the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote “French Translator / Proofreader - Retail” in the subject line of your e-mail.
St. Joseph Content is an equal opportunity employer.