|Try Anywhere.ca - A Public Photo Gallery Hosting Images Of Canada!|
The Board of Directors for the Alzheimer Society of Manitoba is seeking a new Chief Executive Officer to lead this multi-faceted organization that provides support, education, community outreach, advocacy and funding for local and national research. We are ideally seeking an exceptional CEO who has related experience leading a not-for-profit in the Manitoba market.
One in three Manitobans have a family member or close personal friend with Alzheimer’s disease or another dementia. Founded in 1983, the Alzheimer Society of Manitoba (ASM) exists to alleviate the individual, family and social consequences of Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders while supporting the search for a cure. As a province-wide organization, the Society seeks to achieve its mission through community awareness; individual, family and professional education; support programs, advocacy and research funding.
The ASM is seeking a CEO to fill a vacancy due to an upcoming retirement. Reporting to a Policy Governance® Board of Directors, the CEO is responsible for the accomplishment of the outcomes in the Board’s “Ends Policies” while complying with the boundaries established in their “Executive Limitations Policies”. The CEO will champion the vision and direction of the Alzheimer Society of Manitoba as well as foster and maintain strategic partnership and alliances.
Key functions of the CEO are to:
· Advance the vision and goals of the Alzheimer Society of Manitoba and the Alzheimer Society of Canada;
· Lead positive initiatives to ensure the advancement of the Alzheimer Society of Manitoba and the people the society represents; and
· Lead the team at the Alzheimer Society of Manitoba to achieve annual goals with respect to research, education, community initiatives and fund development.
Selection Criteria include:
· Post-secondary degree in Business, Health or related discipline or a suitable combination of training and experience;
· Minimum 10 years of experience in a senior management role, preferably with multiple reporting functions;
· Experience providing healthcare related program planning and delivery oversight;
· Ability to effectively manage human, financial and capital health care resources;
· Experience reporting to a NFP Board operating under the Carver Policy Governance® Model;
· Experience working with a national NFP organization as an independent organization that also has a national component or perspective, is highly desired;
· Experience proactively building and maintaining strong working relationships resulting in win-win solutions with the multiple reporting entities, board of directors, government, donors, clients, families, and a wide range of stakeholders;
· Strong financial acumen and good understanding of fund development;
· Excellence in lobbying, advocating for change and ability to capitalize on opportunities to influence decision makers; and
· Experience with dementia or related field an asset
If you are interested in this exceptional opportunity, please contact Sonja at (204)942-8735 or submit a resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting project #13108.