|Try Anywhere.ca - A Public Photo Gallery Hosting Images Of Canada!|
This post has expired! It was posted more than 60 days ago.
Westpro is an innovative and progressive Canadian company headquartered in Vernon, BC with 2 new facilities in Ontario. We are a manufacturer of Mineral processing, Aggregate and Wastewater Machinery.
As we continue to grow, we are currently seeking highly motivated individuals to join our team.
Presently we have an opening for an Engineering Design Manager with a proven engineering and design track record in the mining, aggregate or wastewater industry.
The candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Minimum 7 years of mechanical equipment design and engineering services within mining, aggregate or wastewater industry.
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng) Designation
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) dealing with customers and team members
- Must have good knowledge of Solidworks or ACAD.
- Excellent computer skills.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Manage and lead an engineering design team for the production of an extensive line of machinery.
- Coordinate engineering tasks with all Westpro engineering and provide engineering support to the Westpro organization.
- Assign, direct and evaluate work of engineering team and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence while providing leadership and mentorship to team members
- Direct, Review and Approve product design and changes.
- Overview engineering productivity levels, quality assurance procedures and coordination procedures of the Westpro engineering team.
- Assist with activities associated with pre-commissioning, commissioning, handover and rectification as required.
- Establish and maintain systems to manage and evaluate scope of work changes and machinery modifications.
- Provide technical support to field service representatives. When appropriate, make recommendations to improve machinery efficiency.
- Review, Recommend and Approve contracts and cost estimates
- Project Management
- Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand to plan and access feasibility of projects.
- Prepare budgets and negotiate contracts.
- Provide engineering support for capital equipment and service projects (spare parts, retrofits, field service, etc).
- Communicate with customers and visits job sites as necessary.
- Meet customers with the sales force and provides technical sales support.
- Utilize computer hardware and software effectively to perform duties. Develop engineering tools (i.e. Excel calculation sheets, PowerPoint presentations, etc).
- Perform other duties and tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor (field trips, CAD projects, new product development, etc).
Position is based at our Vernon, BC office or Mississauga ON
Some travel is required.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a well respected organization that prides itself on its commitment to delivering high quality products.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package as well as career development opportunity.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please submit resumes to the following: firstname.lastname@example.org