|Try Anywhere.ca - A Public Photo Gallery Hosting Images Of Canada!|
This post has expired! It was posted more than 60 days ago.
Canadian Women’s Foundation
Campaign Event Assistant
Full-time – Contract
5 months - January to June, 2013
The Canadian Women’s Foundation is Canada’s public foundation for women and girls. We empower women and girls in Canada to move out of violence, out of poverty and into confidence. Since 1991, we’ve raised money and invested in over 1,200 community programs across Canada, and are now one of the ten largest women’s foundations in the world. We take a positive approach to address root causes of the most critical issues facing women and girls. We study and share the best ways to create long-term change and bring community organizations together for training and to learn from each other. We carefully select and fund the programs with the strongest outcomes and regularly evaluate their work. We have a special focus on building a community of women helping other women. Helping women creates safer families and communities, and a more prosperous society for all of us. We invest in the power of women and the dreams of girls. For more information please visit www.canadianwomen.org
Every spring, for the month leading up to Mother’s Day, the Canadian Women’s Foundation, Winners, HomeSense and Roger bring communities across Canada together to raise hope for women living with abuse.
Funds raised go to the Canadian Women’s Foundation’s annual campaign to support over 450 shelters across Canada, and programs that break the cycle of violence. These programs:
- teach young people about healthy relationships;
- counsel children who have witnessed violence, to help them heal and prevent them from becoming victims or abusers themselves;
- and support women as they rebuild their lives after abuse
2012 marked the campaign's 8th year, bringing the fundraising total to almost $11 million.
Reporting to the Campaign Director, the position will be responsible for providing support to the Director and Event Manager, with specific emphasis on committee and participant support.
- Provides administrative support to the Director& Event Manager including word processing, data entry, list management, revenue/expense monitoring, scheduling, filing, faxing, mailings and e-mailings
- Supports the co-ordination, planning, organizing and evaluation of events
- In the absence of the Director& Event Manager, monitors all incoming mail, prioritizing urgent matters and taking appropriate action as needed.
- Supports event committees including meeting planning and notifcation, preparing meeting materials and minutes as required.
- Supports the Director& Event Manager with sponsorship activites and recognition.
- Works with the Raisers Edge Database Administrator to ensure accurate tracking of financial and registration information, within the established departmental financial procedures.
- Supports the Director, Campaign& Event Manager with the monitoring of the event budget (revenue and expenses) and providing for financial reports as required.
- Supports the Director, Campaign& Event Manager with the production of event related materials
- Oversees the distribution of event related materials and supplies
- Assists with event logistics
- Oversees event participant registrations and assisting with special requests
- Orders and coordinates administrative and event supplies
- Responds to inquiries from partners, staff, volunteers and the general public.
- Assists the Director& Event Manager with the management of all event files, records and lists including hard copies, computer files and Raisers Edge database.
- Monitors and manage the Shelter from the Storm email address.
- Assists in the recruitment and coordiation event volunteers.
- Assists with other duties, as required.
IDEAL CANADIDATE QUALIFICATIONS
A. EXPERIENCE AND SKIILS
- Familiarity with fundraising practices and procedures
- Solid data entry experience a must; experience working with Raiser’s Edge an asset
- Fundraising/event software experience with Artez an asset
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to speak and write French an asset
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism, judgment and discretion in dealing with donors and with confidential or sensitive matters
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Excellent attention to detail
- Organizational and strong communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task, work in a fast-paced office and work with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Available to work evening and weekends, small amount of travel might be involved
B. PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- A self-starter and quick learner, committed to achieving goals
- Courteous, enthusiastic, flexible, task oriented and comfortable working with people in a variety of situations
- Committed to working as a team member, to the benefits of diversity and to working in partnership with volunteers, paid staff, donors and women’s groups to achieve economic and social change
- Flexibility in work hours
- A sense of humour is essential
To apply, send you resume and cover letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by November 8, 2012
No phone calls please. We thank all who have expressed interest in this position, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.